(Once she decides what she wants to be, she never wavers…for now, anyway.)
It arrived a couple of weeks ago and I hid it in my gift closet, where no one ever ventures.
On Saturday, I was getting ready while she was in her room playing.
I walked out of the bathroom to find her standing in front of said closet with the door open.
She has never, ever even opened that door. I wasn’t even sure she knew there was a closet there.
And, of course, the first thing she sees is the brand new Belle dress.
Guess I’ll be finding a new hiding spot for gifts!
(No, she did not get the dress. I told her she has to wait until Halloween. And then I hid it elsewhere.)
If you have any advice for this mom who keeps getting outsmarted by her kid, I’m all ears!
In the meantime, I give you Gin and Topics.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
5. The Peanut Butter Sandwich Hack. I don’t know what is more disturbing about this video: the fact that we need a peanut butter hack, the fact that this woman tears the bread when she spreads peanut butter, or the fact that The Food Network posted this. I will tell you, however, the best part of the entire thing is the comments. This is one time I recommend you read the comments.
4. Jimmy Fallon and Miley Cyrus Recreate “Islands in the Stream.” I’m not a Miley Cyrus fan, but she killed this number with Jimmy Fallon. I’d also like to know how much money The Tonight Show spends on these productions. The costume and makeup is flawless…right down to the Dolly Parton trademark.
3. Don’t Say Velcro. While most companies take trademark and legal cases very seriously, Velcro just took a different approach. Apparently you’re not supposed to say Velcro when describing the scratchy, hairy fastener. These are lawyers I would love to work with. I love how, at the end, they give us a lesson in other brand names we’re not supposed to use, either.
2. Megan Mullally Takes Over Tinder. Oh my gosh! This poor girl. She allowed Megan Mullally to take over her Tinder account and, well, it’s not pretty. This is not safe for work or kids (adult themes), but it’s worth stealing a couple of minutes to yourself to watch.
1. Guy Sings at Southwest Gate. A flight in New Orleans was delayed and the gate agents created a game (they were probably fed up with all the questions). If you asked a question, you had to sing. This guy took his job very seriously. Very. Seriously.
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Ahhhhhh. We needed that Gin and Topics after the week we’ve had.
Don’t forget…if you see a great video you think would be a contender for this series, send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!