Not to be outdone by Travis Peterson, who likes to send me photos of the beach when it’s 40 degrees and raining in Chicago, I am writing this poolside at MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Take that, Peterson!
(Of course, I may die while I’m here. Tomorrow’s high is 99 degrees. Ninety. Nine. That is just not going to work with someone who thinks 78 degrees is hot. I know. I know. It’s a dry heat. It’s still hot!)
I spoke to a couple of Vistage groups out here and decided to make a long weekend of it.
But, first, I must go find 100 SPF sunscreen. While I do that, I’ll leave you with Gin and Topics.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Susan Cellura, Lubna Sadik, Jessica Malnik, and yours truly.
5. Emirates Safety Video. I’ll admit I started to watch this and almost turned it off. Stay with it. Trust me.
4. Together with LeBron James. I’m not a fan of LeBron, but I hugely respect the way he’s come back from his PR nightmare surrounding The Decision and leaving Cleveland (only to go back). I also understand his best friend from high school—who has no PR training—runs his communications and it’s pretty brilliant. This is a great commercial for Nike.
3. Gwen Stefani Carpool Karaoke (w/ George Clooney & Julia Roberts). This is ridiculously long, but worth every minute. If you want to get to the really funny parts, go ahead and skip to 6:45 or so (and it gets really good at 7:30). I love how they do their own radio edits. George Clooney is laugh out loud funny.
2. Learn Excel. I know I’m in the mass minority when I say I love Excel. Pivot tables and sums and formulas, oh my! But if you hate Excel, this song by a a University of Texas at Austin professor will have you a Belieber by the end.
1. Kai Sings “Cake By the Ocean.” This kid is so happy the Broncos scored in the Super Bowl, he pulled out his own tooth! And it just gets better from there. Wait ’til you hear what he wants for his birthday. And this is all before he sings! Either this is fantastically glorious or I’m punchy and have exceeded my sun quota for the entire year.
Have a great weekend!