Hello, Friday. So we meet again!
Can you believe it’s almost JUNE? I have no idea where this year went.
I feel like I was just in Montreal, working with Danny Iny on the plan for Spin Sucks for this year…and voila! We’re nearly halfway through.
This is good, though. I love summertime for the communications industry because it’s always really slow, which means we can get lots of new products created and work directly with all of you on lessons and training.
(And, let’s be real, I get to ride outside and work on my tan.)
But there are lots of fun projects to do, including one I came up while putting together this episode of Gin and Topics (see below).
This week’s videos are courtesy only of me, which after you watch them all, will probably scare you. It’s a little, um, odd.
5. Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick Sing “True Colors“. This is a rendition you’ll be happy you heard. My only issue is I would have liked more of Anna. But it’s beautiful.
4. “I’m On a Boat” With The Roots. I am always amazed at Jimmy Fallon and The Roots when they can perform an entire song using classroom instruments. The best I can do with a xylophone is “Mary Had a Little Lamb.” The Lonely Island joins them to sing “I’m On a Boat” and it will now be stuck in your head all weekend.
3. Dress-wearing Dog Does a Happy Dance. If Jack Bauer didn’t have degenerative spine disease that prevents his back legs from working, I would totally teach him how to do this. It’s quite impressive…and adorable!
2. Wendy’s Training Video for Cold Drinks. This is the most fabulous thing you will see all week. It’s a training video created to show new Wendy’s employees how to serve cold drinks. From the 1980s. It’s fantastic and now I want to create music training videos for our processes here. Ohhhh! A summer project!
1. The Guacamole Song. I’m really sorry to do this to you. Really, I am. Now every time you see guacamole or order it or even think about it, you will sing this song. I’m sorry.
Guacamole, guac, guac a mole. Guacamole!
Have a great weekend!