I’m almost afraid to hit publish, for fear of doing so before some big communications news comes out of the White House and I’m made to look like I’m behind the times.
Perhaps after his profanity-riddled rant against Preibus and Bannon, The Mooch (whom he referred to in the third person during said interview) will keep quiet at least until Monday.
One can hope.
Just when you think we’ve hit the bottom, they prove we’re not there yet.
I’m seriously fearful of what this White House is going to do to the communications industry.
They could very easily make us the laughing stock of all the marketing disciplines.
Spin Sucks exists because we don’t have a great reputation to start—and we work very hard to help the industry fight it.
Let’s not let this slick snakeoil salesman hurt our reputation!
Without Further Ado…Gin and Topics
Now that we have a deal, I bring you some really great entertainment.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Mr. D., Corina Manea, Alina Kelly, and yours truly.
5. Tiffany Haddish Takes the Smiths on a Swamp Tour. If you have not seen this yet, pop some popcorn, pour yourself a drink, and get comfy. You are about to have six minutes of some of the best entertainment Gin and Topics has ever provided, courtesy of Tiffany Haddish and Jimmy Kimmel. I don’t know what is more funny: How rich men sit, what Groupon means to celebrities, buying an ecosystem, doing jumping jacks to sober up, or a $20 a day rental car. You decide!
4. Life Goals: The Sequel. Just when you cannot love The Rock anymore…he proves you wrong. In a crazy long ad for Apple, he and Siri take on the world to show everything you can do with your phone. Well, everything he can do with his phone. The rest of us mere mortals can create lists and take selfies and book a Lyft driver.
3. Panda Wants a Hug. Seriously, these animals could not be cuter. It makes you want a pet panda. They’re so engaged with their human friends.
2. New Fence for Stella. Stella’s humans built a new fence in their backyard so she can run and play and not escape. But she had something entirely different in mind.
1. The Making of a Super Hero. There is only one woman in this—and the exercises they show her doing are kind of wimpy…come on! Girls are tough, too. And, having seen Wonder Woman, I know she did more than just a couple of sword fights to prepare for the role. But it also has Thor exercising shirtless, Spiderman doing a crazy pull-up, Wolverine doing crazy push-ups, and Iron Man…well he does everything well. I’d be willing to give up cycling for six months if I could go to super hero training.
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Don’t forget…if you see a great video you think would be a contender for this series, send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!