He’s for sale.
I will give him to the first person who promises to provide him a nice life.
Last Friday night, I finished a labor of love with a Moana cake for the Small Child’s fourth birthday party.
When I say labor of love, I mean this took weeks of practice.
I made and froze the cake ahead of time.
Then she and I watched videos to come up with the best design.
We carefully coated it in simple syrup to keep it moist.
And then we spent nearly three hours getting it to look the way we wanted (and taste good, too).
We didn’t, however, get to taste it…or share it with her friends.
Because Jack Bauer got to it first.
He’s 14-years-old. I can’t imagine he has much longer to live.
So, if you want him, speak now or forever hold your peace.
And Now On to Gin and Topics
While you fight over who gets to take him, I’ll leave you with Gin and Topics.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Kate Nolan, Mark Simko, and yours truly.
5. Martin the Talking Dog. First, anyone who can make it look like dogs can talk is amazing. I LOVE TALKING ANIMALS! This is a story about a dog and his humans. Maybe this is good for Jack Bauer to watch. Sigh.
4. MoneySuperMarket Ad. Well, this is one way to get attention for your brand. This is some great and absurd marketing that actually works!
3. Take Your Parents to Work Day. “She works. Then she gets a little grumpy. Then she eats dinner and goes to bed.” “What do you think is your mom’s least favorite part of her job?” “Having to agree with all the clients.” That made me laugh out loud!
2. Guess the Guardian. In honor of the upcoming (next week!) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Jimmy Kimmel asks Chris Pratt, Kurt Russell, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, and Michael Rooker how well they know one another.
1. I Bet My Wife. Seriously, the people who come up with ideas like this are creative geniuses. These guys stand there betting their wives can name certain things in 30 seconds. If they can’t, they get dropped from the ceiling. So freaking great!
Have a great weekend! And do let me know if you want a dog.