A little known fact about me is I make up new lyrics to songs.
To everything from current pop to lullabies.
To this day, my Small Child thinks my version of Hush Little, Baby is the correct one and everyone else is wrong.
(I may tell her…someday.)
It’s been raining all week in Chicago so we’ve had to take the El versus riding my bike to school.
Because it’s a rather long walk, I put her in the stroller and off we go.
When we get to the El, we take the elevator up to the platform because small child eating breakfast + stroller + four flights of stairs = disaster.
(Trust me, I’d rather take the stairs because I get both steps AND flight credit on the FitBit. Alas.)
And the elevator is suuuuuuuuper slow.
Earlier this week, I made up a song about the slow elevator.
Eleva-tor. Eleva-tor. We just took the eleva-tor. It is very slow, but we made our train. Which was good so we didn’t have to stand in the rain. Eleva-tor. Eleva-tor. We just took the eleva-tor.
She apparently sang it in school—and was frustrated that no one in her class knew the words.
So guess who has been invited to teach her class how to sing my dumb, made-up song about the slow El elevator?
In other news, only 10 more Fridays until Christmas!
Without Further Ado…Gin and Topics
This week’s Gin and Topics is courtesy of Bob LeDrew, Rosemary O’Neill, Erika Heald, and yours truly.
5. Miley Cyrus Carpool Karaoke. This is what Bob said when he posted it on his Facebook wall, “She ain’t pitching her music at my demographic. But the girl has pipes (the singing kind). Listen to how she grabs harmonies on her own songs rather than stay on the lead line. She’s a musician.” Amen. Also, the story she tells about the sound trailer made me laugh out loud.
4. The Hardest Karaoke Song in the World. I’ll admit it: I tried. It’s not easy. But if I can rap Dwayne Johnson as Maui, I can most certainly get this one down. You try too, and we’ll compare notes in a week! This also is a brilliant ad to visit a country. So smart.
3. Thank You Notes to Hillary Clinton. This is incredible. I got a little teary as The Tonight Show writers and Miley Cyrus wrote thank you notes to Hillary Clinton. #GIRLPOWER!!!
2. Harrison Ford and Ryan Gossling Lose it. I have never seen This Morning, but I love am now in love with this woman! Alison Hammond attempts to interview the two superstars about Blade Runner 2049, but she comes undone and hilarity ensues.
1. Eric Stonestreet Gets Revenge On Ellen. Poor Eric Stonestreet has been scared so many times on Ellen. But he finally gets his revenge and it is awesome.
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a great video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!