Hello, Friday. So we meet again!
Based on my newsfeed on Facebook, it sounds like the entire country is colder than normal.
When I was walking Jack Bauer yesterday morning, the crossing guard (Nancy) at the school by our house told me it’s probably going to be 80s in December and everyone in Florida will be dying. That made me laugh!
But, it looks like we’ll get back into the 70s for the weekend, which means I’ll spend three days bike riding and working on my tan (and maybe plant some flowers and herbs).
I hope you have lots of fun planned for your long weekend (I’m sorry for those of you who aren’t in the States), combined with some relaxation and enjoying friends and family.
So you have something to share at your BBQs and poolside parties, I give you Gin and Topics.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Jen Cheshire, Amanda Cleary, Brian Vickery, Rosemary O’Neill, and yours truly.
5. Three Little Birds. I think I saw this guy at the El station at O’Hare last week! That guy was playing the saxophone and had “back-up singers” on a keyboard. It was quite magical. But not as magical as this uber talented guy. Watch and you’ll see what I mean.
4. Son Creates Video to Help Mom Find a Boyfriend. If this doesn’t make you cut some onions to blame the tears on, you have no heart. Go son, go!
3. Wheel of Musical Impressions. This starts off strong and just gets better and better. It’s the best eight minutes you will spend this week. I heart Jamie Foxx. I mean, when he does Jennifer Hudson singing On Top of Spaghetti? Wow. Just wow. In the words of Jimmy, “This show is off the rails.”
2. Steph Curry’s Daughter Riley Steals the Show. Cutest. Thing. Ever. Riley is only two and she insists on sitting on her daddy’s lap during his post-game interviews. He tries really hard to answer questions, but he keeps getting overshadowed by her. Adorable.
1. Justin Beiber Carpool Karaoke. James Corden is quickly moving up the list of “must watch, hilarious” comedians. When he belts out “Baby” and then when he describes what he would do with a girl if he were Beiber, you can’t help but fall a little more in love with him. So funny!
Have a great holiday weekend!