Today is the first day of our four day workweek experiment and, well, here I am.
It’s actually a lot harder than you would think to work only four days. You have to create a new routine and the stuff you normally do on Fridays have to fit into the other days of the week. It’s an interesting experiment, to be sure.
I suppose I can’t expect my team to take advantage of the perk if I don’t do it so I will be out on my bike in the next hour or so for a 50 mile ride (if only to stay ahead of Laura Petrolino in steps)!
Hopefully you get summer hours this year, too. Either way, I leave you with Gin and Topics. Surely you have time to watch five videos.
5. Teachers Dancing Behind Students. I don’t know what is more funny about this: The idea that the students have no idea this dancing is going on or most of the teachers break out The Sprinkler. I mean, really. I’m going to talk my mother-in-law into doing this at the end of next school year.
4. Billie Jean Played on Beer Bottles. This is what happens the day after a party. Lots of beer bottles laying around and a bunch of hungover guys thinking, “What do we do now?” Oh! I know. Let’s play Billie Jean on beer bottles.
3. Love is an Instinct. This is going to make you cry. I’m sorry. But the next two videos will make you laugh so watch this one first. A man with Alzheimer’s can’t remember who he is from one day to the next, but what he does remember will warm your heart…even if you don’t have a heart.
2. Baby Giggles. There are a few things in life that make everyone happy. Puppy bites, freshly cut grass, bread baking, and baby giggles! This video is of a baby giggling for the very first time. The sound is magical and will make you laugh, too!
1. Word Sneak. I’m sorry. I know we have Jimmy Fallon in nearly every episode of Gin and Topics. He’s just so funny. This time he has Ricky Gervais on and they play a game called, “Word sneak.” This is where you’re given five words you have to sneak into normal conversation. For instance, “I went to an Irish bar. Do you know it? It’s called Shaquille O’Neals?” But the best is the last word.
Have a great weekend!