Today not only marks the last business day of May, it marks the end of 22 days of weekday travel in a row for me.
I kept telling myself if I could get through May 28, I’d be golden. And here I am!
Now I’m home for a few weeks and can get reacquainted with my bike (well, maybe) and work on my suntan.
I say maybe because it looks as though I tore the rotator cuff on my left arm. I’ll see an orthopedic next week to confirm, but that could prevent the outdoor bike riding for a few weeks.
Hopefully I can manage through it with just some physical therapy and shoulder strengthening. Not being able to ride my bike may kill me so cross your fingers no surgery will be needed!
Today also marks the first full Friday of summer so I hope some of you get to take advantage of summer hours to enjoy the outdoors and some sunshine (or sit on a patio and watch it rain if you’re in Chicago or Texas).
If you’re still stuck inside, never fear…Gin and Topics is here!
This week’s videos are courtesy of Jen Novotny, Alicia Lawrence, and yours truly.
5. New Zumba Instructor. I am fairly certain if we all wore crowns while exercising, it would be a happier world. I love this child.
4. Cat Plays Whack a Finger. For those of you who have cats, you have to do this! I’m dying to know if it works. Please and thank you.
3. The Dangers of the Selfie Stick. “If you know someone who is gracious enough to share themselves with the world…wide web, over and over again…” The danger of selfie stick abuse is real and Pizza Hut nailed this. I even understand they have a new—and very large—pizza that can clearly have it’s photo taken only with a selfie stick.
2. Eminem Lose Yourself. This is A-MAZ-ING! An ASL interpreter presents you with Eminem and she nails it. I kind of love how into it she gets.
1. There Was Nothing Stopping Me. On my flight home last night, the flight attendant told me about a young man and his fiancee she’d met that morning. They were on their way to New York to be interviewed on Good Morning America. This is why. GET OUT THE ONIONS SO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO BLAME!
Have a great weekend!