Well, here we are. The end of 2014.
I have to admit, this year was not all that spectacular. I’m very happy to be almost looking at it in my rearview mirror.
We did a lot of work this year to make sure our goals are aligned with our culture is aligned with our core values are aligned with who is on our team.
Now we can hit the ground running come January 5!
I’m sure you are nodding your heads in agreement with me when I say…I am really looking forward to having 16 days off of work! I’m certain I’ll be dying to get back to work, but this will be a good break for many of us.
And that leaves us with the last Gin and Topics of the year (we won’t run blog posts on December 26 or January 2).
5. Weird Things All Couples Fight About. I would like to say I watched this and said, “No way! Mr. D and I don’t fight about any of that stuff.” But it just isn’t true. Especially the putting the dishes in the sink and what’s for dinner arguments.
4. Hero Mom Calls C-SPAN To Yell At Her Arguing Pundit Sons. You know what is great about this video? Every, single one of us puts our pants on one leg at a time and every, single one of us can be put in our place by our mother, even on national television. You tell them, Mrs. Woodhouse!
3. The Piano Guys. The Piano Guys showed up in a senior living home and surprised the residents. I don’t know if I think this is awesome because I had a great aunt who had soirees like this and it was great fun to watch the old people participate or because it’s truly awesome. Either way, check out the old folks jamming to Charlie Brown.
2. Pop Danthology 2014. Whoa! The guy who created this is super talented! He did a mashup of all the popular songs from 2014 and they work together really well. I wish I had this kind of talent (and, let’s be real, this kind of time).
1. It’s the End of the Year. I just read this family got a reality show, which means we’re all going to hate them by this time next year. So I have to get my videos of them in before they’re just pseudo rich and famous. This is my favorite video yet. A little REM, the son raps, and then the mom does (and rocks it!). In the words of Taylor Swift, “All the haters gonna hate, hate hate,” but I love it!
And that is that, my friends.
Have a wonderful holiday season. I’ll see you back here the week of January 5!