If we’re friends on Facebook, you already saw that Jack Bauer is in big trouble.
On Wednesday night, we went out for dinner. When we came home, the freezer was open and it was apparent he’d had quite a feast.
He was laying on the couch, legs up in the air, like he’d passed out from a night of drinking.
Thursday afternoon, I found a pound of butter, a pound of hamburger, and a loaf of my homemade zucchini bread buried in the basement couch.
Clearly he thought he’d wait for it to defrost and for us to go to bed so he could have a second feast.
I swear the dog has opposable thumbs. We have one of those bottom freezers that you have to pull out. I have no idea how he got that open.
I contend God made two-year-olds and dogs cute so you don’t kill them when they’re naughty.
Before I bring you Gin and Topics, Buddy the Elf would like to remind you there are only eight more Fridays until Christmas.
5. Between Two Ferns with Brad Pitt. This is so funnily awkward that I watched most of it with my hands over my eyes. Wait until near the end when the gum issue happens. I won’t say anything more.
4. Text Message Confusion. You know how email and texting don’t allow for emotion or body language? Well, Key and Peele take the text message conversation to the extreme. It’s hilarious, but it’s also a great reminder of how what we say can be completely misconstrued by the receiving party. Also, not safe for work or for kids…bad language.
3. Gabe’s Wish Comes True. Being in Chicago, this might mean a little more to me than if you’re not a Blackhawks fan, but it’s still a sweet story. Make-a-Wish helps Gabe get his wish to practice with the Blackhawks. Get the onions out so you have something to blame when you get teary.
2. The Most Insane Moment in Political History. Our governor is fighting to keep his seat, which has made this campaign season…interesting. I know we’re known for our governors going to jail (all of them), but the mud-slinging, back-stabbing, downright lies has been insane. That’s probably why I got such pleasure out of watching this from the Florida Gubernatorial debate. I mean, they’re arguing over a fan. A FAN!
1. The Avengers Trailer. Ladies and gentlemen! Start your engines! The Avengers is coming in May and the first teaser is here. Yay, Iron Man! (I mean, what?)
I did it again! Two weeks in a row with no Jimmy Fallon. I’m kind of proud of myself and sad all at once.
Have a great weekend!