You know how we were waiting last week for our Spin Sucks intern to arrive? Well, she’s here!
Maggie June was born Friday night and I’m giving her and mama a little bit of time before they get put to work.
I figure Maggie June can do some data analysis and lead generation work. Why not have her start earning her keep now?
In all seriousness, big congrats to Ellie Pierce and her main squeeze! We need a “staff meeting” so we can meet her!
There are a few videos in this week’s Gin and Topics to help Ellie prepare for her future with a daughter.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Jen Phillips, MATTIE DIETRICH, Mr. D., Monica Reed, and yours truly.
5. Ellen Meets Macey Hensley. This little girl is about to put 99.99999 percent of you to shame. She can name every, single U.S. president (and even has a song). Her favorite is Zachary Taylor and she’s mad at her mom for giving her a White House birthday cake instead of a Zachary Taylor birthday cake. Ellen quizzes her with fun facts about a few of the presidents and the results are fun and surprising.
4. Kill Elsa. Alright, look. Kids out of school for snow days or below zero temperatures or the superintendent got a hangnail or whatever craziness hasn’t yet been imagined is super painful for working parents. But when it creates videos like this, it almost makes it worth it. For the rest of us.
3. Stephen Curry Gets Beat By a Girl. Man, alive! This 10-year-old girl is a basketball superstar. She challenges Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors) to a shoot-out. And she wins. Remember, she’s 10. Watch it for yourself!
2. Obama Does “Shake it Off.” I don’t normally like the mash-ups, but this is pretty freaking funny! Watch Obama “sing” Shake it Off.
1. Jumbotron Dancing. Oh my gosh! I have a problem. I cannot stop with the Taylor Swift or the Jimmy Fallon. Someone send me to rehab (after you watch this). I kind of love that she didn’t change her clothes for any of the segments…just added accessories.
Have a great weekend!