I see all of you getting excited about Daylight Saving Time this weekend and I say HRUMPH!
We LOSE an hour of sleep, people! Have you considered that?!
Yeah, I know it means more daylight. Blah, blah, blah.
An HOUR of sleep.
For those of you excited about it, let’s talk on Sunday morning.
Until then, I bring you Gin and Topics.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Daniel Hebert, Marcy Mechanic, Mr. D., Lindsay Bell, and yours truly.
5. Hidden Camera During Warner Brothers Tour. This is an oldie, but such a goodie. Ellen convinces a Warner Brothers tour guide to wear an earpiece and repeat everything she says to him during the tour. He takes his unsuspecting group for a little ride to learn more about where shows were shot and what Jennifer Aniston smells like. I may have laughed so hard, I snorted.
4. Kids Reenact the Oscars. This is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! You have to have seen some of the Oscar nominated best pictures for it to make sense, but even if you’ve only seen a one or two, it’s worth your time. Kids dress up and act out scenes from each of the films. I’m telling you. Amazing.
3. Let it Go, Chicago. Even if you don’t live here, you can appreciate how the Polar Vortex has taken this country and turned it upside down this winter. On WGN, the meteorologist wrote and sang to “Let it Go” from Frozen…aimed at Chicagoans complaining about the cold. (And then you’ll have it stuck in your head for the rest of the day.)
2. Kids React to the Rotary Phone. Nothing like a video like this to make you feel old. I remember cooking dinner for my family when I was a teenager and talking on a rotary phone while near an open flame. Let’s just say the cord didn’t make it (remember that, mom?!?). Watch kids react to a rotary phone when it’s placed in front of them and asked questions about it. Very, very funny!
1. Jared Leto Oscar Speech. Jared Leto kind of creeps me out. I don’t know why. Just not a fan. BUT I loved his role in Dallas Buyer’s Club and he earned my respect with his Oscar speech. It will make you cry. What an amazing tribute to his mom.
Have a great, one hour less, weekend!