Rob Biesenbach said the other day the day after the Super Bowl should be a national holiday.
No one is going to get any work done as they replay the commercials, talk about the halftime show, and discuss WHAT THE HECK happened to Peyton Manning and the Broncos.
It looked like the Seahawks were playing the JV team.
It was unbelievable. I seriously am still in shock. I didn’t think he could lose to anyone.
I thought I’d add to the lack of productivity today by bringing you a special Gin and Topics.
These are my favorite commercials from the Super Bowl (in the order they aired).
5. McDonald’s Mighty Wings. I know this originally aired earlier than the Super Bowl, but it makes me laugh every time I see it. I also love an organization that can take something ridiculously popular (bad lip reading, in this case) and execute it well.
4. Doritos Time Machine. I think Doritos probably wins for best commercials of the Super Bowl. They were creative, well-done, and there were two different ones. This was my favorite of the two (though the cowboy kid was pretty funny, too).
3. Ellen’s Beats. It’s hard not to love everything Ellen does, particularly when she’s dancing. Her tale of Goldilocks looking for the perfect dance music is, well, golden.
2. Volkswagen Wings. I know some people didn’t like this (cough, Sean McGinnis, cough), but I thought it was hilarious to see German engineers sprouting these “wingie thingies” every time a car hits 100,000 miles. Not to mention what happens when a car hits 200,000 miles.
1. Come on Bring the Toys. This ended up airing last, but it’s also my favorite so it’s apropos it’s in the number one spot. All I have to say is… GIRL POWER!
Now it’s your turn. What were your favorite commercials during yesterday’s game?