During the conversation in the comments, I promised to get her for a webinar so you could hear her gorgeous voice.
Not only does she have a lilt you could listen to forever, she is a brilliant PR professional and she gets PR measurement like only a handful in 0ur industry do.
She’s not afraid of data. She did not go into PR because she hates math.
She loves the ability to measure what we do to real business results and she’s here to help you.
PR Measurement and You
She begins the PR measurement webinar by helping you think through two things:
- What are you trying to do?
- Why is it important?
Then she asks you what you are trying to do:
- Increase revenue;
- Lower costs; or
- Improve customer satisfaction.
If it doesn’t do one of those three things, she challenges you to start over.
She also discusses return-on-investment versus a cost/benefit analysis and the formula for success.
Then she provides two in-depth case studies that show you exactly how to measure a PR program—from beginning to end.
You’ll walk away with:
- A three-step process for your PR measurement efforts;
- How to create unique URLs for each campaign and for each distribution point;
- How to tie it all together;
- The tools that are free and those that are paid; and
- Measurement smarts.
You’ll also learn the seven deadly sins of bad PR measurement, which will help you make a case away from vanity metrics toward something that helps an organization grow.
The webinar is one week from today—March 19 at noon ET (that’s 11 a.m. CT, 10 a.m. MT, and 9 a.m. PT, for those of you who can’t do time zones).
It is free and it’s a two-step process.
First, go to Spin Sucks Pro and click the blue “purchase” button at the bottom of the page.
That button will then change to “checkout.” Click that.
Either create a new account or login to your account.
Click “purchase” (it’ll show $0.00 so don’t panic that you have to pay for it).
Click the blue “You Can Call Me Boss: How Smart Measurement Can Take You from the Break Room to the Board Room” blue link. This will take you to the registration page on ClickWebinar (you’ll also receive an email with this information).
Register for the webinar on that page and you’ll be good to go!
If you can’t attend live, please still register for the webinar. This will tell us to send you a copy of the recording.
Why You Should Attend
It’s really easy to read about how to do PR measurement, but putting it into practice is another thing altogether.
Because of the two case studies Shonali shows, you’ll quickly begin to piece it all together.
You’ll walk away with a great sense of:
- Set objectives and goals (and the difference between the two);
- Decide on which tools to use for a particular campaign—and how to choose the right ones;
- Hot to track;
- How often to track;
- How to know it’s time to tweak or abandon an idea; and
- How to report results to executives.
PR Measurement Resources
Throughout the webinar, and at the very end, Shonali also gives you a huge list of PR measurement resources.
Though you’ll receive a copy of the webinar, I thought it’d be easier to list them all here for you.
- Social Media Metrics, Jim Sterne
- Measuring the Networked Nonprofit, Katie Payne and Beth Kanter
- Optimize, Lee Odden
- Simple, Yet Smart, PR Measurement, Shonali Burke
Blogs and Blog Posts
- AVEs Don’t Measure PR. Here’s Why.
- Paine Publishing
- Communication Ammo
- Metrics Man (hasn’t been updated since June)
- Zoetica Media
- Top Rank
- Waxing Unlyrical
- Spin Sucks (I selfishly added this one)
- #measurePR Twitter chat (first Tuesday of every month from 12-1 ET)
Hope to “see” you next week!
photo credit: Shutterstock