We have just a little more than a week until Halloween.
Which means (U.S.) Thanksgiving will be here any second.
And so will Christmas (nine more Fridays!).
And so will the end of the year.
This also means January will be here before you know it—and we have lots of fun things planned for you to help you jumpstart the year.
So stay tuned for that.
In the meantime, my Cubbies lost last night so no World Series for us this year.
I guess that’s fine.
I can take down my W flag and put up my Halloween flag now, which I didn’t get to do last year.
And we won’t have any drunks yelling in our alley at 2 a.m. until mid-November.
(We live four blocks from the ballpark.)
And I won’t find random beer cans thrown over our fence into our front yard.
IT IS FINE!
I will be fine!
Isn’t it funny how you win one World Series in 108 years and suddenly you feel entitled?
But only nine more Fridays until Christmas!
With that, I present to you…Gin and Topics.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
5. A Box Too Small for a Cat. I don’t know why this made me laugh out loud, but it did. The poor cat can’t fit in the box. But darn it if he doesn’t keep trying!
4. Wizard of Oz Homecoming Assembly. This is not like any homecoming assembly I’ve ever attended. Not only are these kids super talented, but creative, too. Watch as a dance squad from a high school in Arizona entertains their classmates—and puts my high school dance career to complete and utter shame.
3. Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg Are Back! Look, if Martha Stewart’s biggest disaster in the kitchen is her dog eating the food before a party, I CAN BEAT THAT! Remember my Moana cake for the big fourth birthday party earlier this year? Sorry, Martha. That doesn’t count as a disaster. Try again. Other than that, this confesssesh between the two hosts is H-I-larious. I love them together. Love.
2. Ellen and Oprah Take Over a Grocery Store. I have no idea what to say about the two of them together at a grocery store. You just have to watch it. And make sure you make it all the way to the end, when Ellen proves she, too, can be on the cover of a magazine. It’s…well…you’ll see.
1. LA vs. NY: The Kid Edition. This made me laugh out loud for the full three minutes. There are so many great comments, I can’t choose my favorite. Out of the mouths of babes.
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a great video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!