I want to open this little write up about today’s Livefyre Q&A with our fearless leader Gini Dietrich, by saying this: I’M IN THE BOOK!!!
That’s right my friends! Grab your copy of Spin Sucks.
Turn (or scroll) to page 73.
And there I am! Wheeeee!!
Sorry, ok, I just had to get that out of my system.
Now, the tweet you’ll find on page 73 (from me) is actually fake. But Gini definitely isn’t – she IS the bomb – and she’s proven it again with her latest release, Spin Sucks: Communication and Reputation Management in the Digital Age.
We all communicate, every second of everyday (or so it seems), and never has it been more important to know the rules of engagement as they pertain to the digital space.
This book will teach you how to communicate honestly, openly, and authentically, and how to earn the trust of your customers, stakeholders, investors, and communities.
My Amazon review of the book, says this book is for everyone – whether a job-seeker, mom and pop business, mid-level manager, or CEO of a Fortune 500 company.
Spin really does suck.
But today’s Livefyre Q&A won’t; that’s for sure!
Don’t miss Gini in the hot seat – because it takes a long time to write a book – and you won’t get this opportunity again for awhile.
Today’s Livefyre Q&A
At noon ET (that’s 11:00 CT, 10:00 MT, and 9:00 PT for those of you who can’t do time zones), Gini will be here to answer any and all of your questions: What to do in an online crisis, what it’s like being a scrappy CEO, why she names her bumps and bruises, why she didn’t just simply marry *food* instead of her long suffering husband Mr. D., or why the Bears kinda sucked this season.
In order to participate, all you have to do is:
- Make sure you have a Livefyre account or be ready to sign in with one of your social networks.
- Set a reminder for noon ET today.
- Order the book so you can support Gini and get your learn on.
- Create a list of questions (if you haven’t read the book, you can bribe me and I’ll write some for you!).
- Come back here, scroll to the bottom, and write a comment in the form of a question. As soon as you hit “post comment,” Gini will see it and reply to you. You can even join the conversation around questions others are asking, if you like.
We’ll be here for an hour so you can join us the entire time or step in and out during the hour. It’s entirely up to you; just make sure you’re here before 12:59.
Win a Copy
Those of you who participate in today’s Livefyre Q&A (even if you’re late to the party, but not if you’re an Arment Dietrich employee) will be entered into a random drawing for a free copy of the book.
Don’t forget – you have to actually leave a comment, ask a question, or participate in the chat to be entered in the drawing. Otherwise we won’t know you were here.
Get ready with your questions and join the conversation. And don’t fear! If you missed the live portion of this, we’ll keep the drawing open until midnight PT so you still have time to get in your questions.
Former Guests and Who’s Next
For former guests, check out Margie Clayman, Sarah Robinson, Mark Story, Beth Hayden, Sarah Evans, Stanford Smith, Chris Brogan, C.C. Chapman, Mitch Joel, Danny Brown, Chuck Hemann, Michael Brito, DJ Waldow, Tom Martin, Ahava Leibtag, Jay Baer, Shel Israel, and Mark Schaefer.
And following are the dates for the next few months, so mark your calendars!
Same bat time, same bat channel.
- April 16 – Rob Biesenbach, with 11 Deadly Presentation Sins
- May 21 – Steve McKee, with Power Branding
- June 18 – Neal Schaffer, with Maximize Your Social
- July 16 – Ed Zitron, with This is How You Pitch
- August 20 – Tim Frick, with Return on Engagement
- September 17 – Fred Cook, with Improvise
- October 16
- November 19
- December 17