The weather was perfect and it was a great start to my season. I even started on my cycling tan (which I love except when I have to put on a strapless dress. Then it’s pretty ugly).
But now the weather sucks again and I’m back on the trainer. Because I am on only day seven. And, while it’s completely on the honor system, I just can’t pretend I rode when I didn’t.
Come on spring! You can do it. I know you can! The trainer sucks. The big one.
If you’re outside full-time by now, I don’t want to hear it.
But I do want to hear about your week and what you think of the following stories.
5. Revenge of the Nerds. I’m a nerd, at heart. I may not have a pocket protector or take holding my glasses together, but I’m definitely a geek. That’s why I love stories like this one. The Mental Floss blog has seven stories about how geeks got even with people who stole their devices. I mean, who takes photos of themselves with a stolen phone and emails them from the same device? Morons. That’s who.
4. Want Fries With that Ring? I’m not sure how I missed this before, but they were talking about it on the news this morning. That’s right. You can now get married at McDonald’s. Dead. Serious.
3. The Great Myth of Work/Life Balance. I. Love. This. Story. It not only talks about this whole notion of work/life balance, but about the entitlement our society (especially Americans) have about everything we deserve. It’s a bit sarcastic, which makes me like it even more.
2. Do You Make Your English Teacher Cringe? If so, you definitely make me cringe. There are some great tips in here for making yourself a better writer. I’d add: Read your content aloud before publishing. It’s amazing what you find that way.
1. Twitter Identity Theft. Yep. You didn’t think you’d have to be concerned about someone stealing your mascot’s identity and pretending to be them on Twitter, did you? Think again! This AdAge story has examples of at least 11 mascots who tweet, but aren’t associated with the companies. Funny and scary…all at once.