Ok. I’m not going to lie.
I could NOT work in sales.
I wouldn’t have the patience.
My BS meter is wayyyy too quick to register.
And I find it extremely difficult—dare I say impossible—to mask what I’m feeling. My mother always used to say to me “Get that LOOK off your face!!”
I would not be the gal closing sales.
That’s why I’m super excited for today’s live author Q&A with Tom Martin.
He’s going to teach me alll the tricks of the trade (even if there’s not much he can do about “that look”).
And he’s going to do the above by answering all my questions—and yours—relating to his most recent book: The Invisible Sale: How to Build a Digitally Powered Marketing and Sales System to Better Prospect, Qualify and Close Leads.
The Invisible Sale
Interested in building a highly automated digital sales prospecting system that attracts more qualified leads, shortens sales cycles, and increases conversion rates?
Well, who wouldn’t be, right?
In The Invisible Sale, Tom walks you through all of the above and more, and includes case studies and simple templates to help you get the most out of your marketing and sales.
You will learn how to:
- Leverage funnel optimized website design to identify your prospects’ key challenges before you ever speak to them.
- Integrate social media, content, and email to optimize the entire prospecting process.
- Make every sales call count with behaviorally targeted email prospecting.
- Leverage Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to efficiently “prospect at scale”.
- Use the science of propinquity to choose “outposts,” strategize social networking, and drive offline campaigns.
- Save money by rightsizing production quality to each marketing requirement.
More About Tom
I’m not sure what Gini Dietrich’s criteria were for her scheduling of this year’s author Q&As, but ‘love of booze of some sort’ is my own criteria!
In my humble opinion you can’t have a good debate without a stiff drink, preferably single malt, and according to Tom’s Twitter profile, it he is thoroughly onside with same. Yay!
He’s also super smart. An early adopter, he’s been on the cutting edge of digital trends for more than 20 years, helping digitally challenged companies understand their digital marketing options, and showing them how to integrate digital into their traditional marketing to convert more customers.
So, if you are like me, and couldn’t sell ice to (insert politically incorrect stereotype here), you’re dying to know what propinquity means without having to Google it, OR you are looking to make improvements to your lead generation campaigns, be sure to join us today at noon EST for the live Q&A with Tom Martin.
He’ll answer any and all of your questions.
Today’s Author Q&A with Tom Martin
At noon ET (that’s 11:00 CT, 10:00 MT, and 9:00 PT for those of you who can’t do time zones), Tom will be here to answer any and all of your questions.
In order to participate, all you have to do is:
- Make sure you have a Livefyre account or be ready to sign in with one of your social networks.
- Set a reminder for noon ET today.
- Order The Invisible Sale so you can support Tom and get your learn on.
- Create a list of questions.
- Come back here, scroll to the bottom, and write a comment in the form of a question. As soon as you hit “post comment,” Tom will see it and reply to you. You can even join the conversation around questions others are asking, if you like.
We’ll be here for an hour so you can join us the entire time or step in and out during the hour. It’s entirely up to you; just make sure you’re here before 12:59.
Win a Copy
Those of you who participate in today’s author Q&A (even if you’re late to the party, but not if you’re an Arment Dietrich employee) will be entered into a random drawing for a free copy of the book.
Don’t forget—you have to actually leave a comment, ask a question, or participate in the chat to be entered in the drawing. Otherwise we won’t know you were here.
Get ready with your questions and join the conversation. And don’t fear! If you missed the live portion of this, we’ll keep the drawing open until midnight PT so you still have time to get in your questions.
Former Guests and Who’s Next
For former guests, check out Margie Clayman, Sarah Robinson, Mark Story, Beth Hayden, Sarah Evans, Stanford Smith, Chris Brogan, C.C. Chapman, Mitch Joel, Danny Brown, Chuck Hemann, Michael Brito, DJ Waldow, Tom Martin, Ahava Leibtag, Jay Baer, Shel Israel, Mark Schaefer, Gini Dietrich, Rob Biesenbach, Steve McKee, Neal Schaffer, Ed Zitron, Ann Handley, and Tim Frick.
And following are the dates for the next few months, so mark your calendars!
Same bat time, same bat channel.
- November 19 – Paul Roetzer, with The Marketing Performance Blueprint
- December 17 – Diana Kander, with All in Startup
- January 21 – Jeremy Miller, with Sticky Branding
- February 18 – Hessie Jones, with Marketing as You Know it is Dead