At the time, Adam was working for Lewis PR and we had a good time sharing agency stories (along with a crazy meal that Steve found on Yelp, which turned out to be not nearly as good as the reviews indicated).
Shortly after, Adam left Lewis to join the Google team and I was very excited to have a personal connection there who could answer all my questions about analytics.
What I’m about to tell you is the very reason I’m happy he’s working at Google.
He created an analytics dashboard that will help you figure your most popular blog posts for any time period…and it gave me the idea for today’s blog post.
Following are the Spin Sucks most popular blog posts of 2012 (at least through December 20), according to you, our dear readers (cough, crazies, cough).
- Eight Social Media Trends for 2012. Even though this was written in November 2011, it hits the top of the list for most popular blog post of all of 2012. Let that be a lesson to each of you. Trends posts do really well.
- 2012 Marketing: Five Ways to Power it Up. It pains my competitive spirit when a guest blogger hits the top 10. This one is going to pain Andy Crestodina. His better half is the second most popular blog post of this entire year! Way to go, Mana Ionescu!
- Top 10 Guest Blog Post for First Half of 2012. Man! Another guest blogger hits the top 10! This is a list of the most popular guest posts for January-July of this year.
- Three Values to Hold High in 2012. I am getting my butt kicked! This is a guest blog post by Shelley Pringle about the types of things leaders should could consider as they hone their skills.
- Seven Tools for Your 2012 Marketing and Communication Plans. Phew! I have a second post in the top 10. I’m noticing a trend. The trends and lists with the year in the title do really well. It’s interesting to look back at what we recommended you add to your planning for this year. For the most part, the crystal ball served us well!
- 2012 Digital Marketing Year in Review. WEIRD! I just wrote this one last week. It is a look at all the stuff we got through the web this year and what we’re looking forward to in 2013. Again, notice the year in the title. Good for search engine optimization!
- 2012 #FollowFriday Recap. So you like the blog posts that recap what’s happened all year, even for the one #FollowFriday recommendation we do each week. That’s good because we’re doing a full year’s recap this week!
- Five Tips for Preparing for 2012. Again with the year in the title! Very, very interesting. This is personally one of my favorites because it helped me maintain my optimism during a really terrible year last year. It’s all about vision, cutting expenses, and focus.
- A Year Destined for Entrepreneurial Success. I was on a streak there for a bit! This one is by Rieva Lesonsky and talks about the things you can watch to prepare you for a new year of success, based on consumer confidence in the economy.
- Three Apps, Social Networks, or Platforms for 2012. This one cracks me up! It’s a video Jayme Soulati and I did after a very fun lunch at Southport Grocery last year. We talk about our favorite apps, social networks, and platforms for the coming year. It was freezing, but I wanted to shoot the video outside and without coats. You might be able to see me shivering by the end.