It is finally here! The day you have all been waiting for (or, at least, the day I have been waiting for). We have the one and only James Altucher for a full hour all to ourselves!
James is a hedge fund manager, trader, writer, podcaster, and entrepreneur.
He is one of the most raw and honest writers I read.
He is a serial entrepreneur who has started at least 20 companies (and claims to have failed at 17 of them).
I am a huge, huge fan, read every one of his blog posts, and am very excited to have him here today!
What You Will Learn
James is a pretty big deal. The fact that he’s spending time with us and not, oh I don’t know, Snoop Dogg is a pretty big deal. Take full advantage.
Though he has a huge repertoire of expertise, I imagine you’ll learn things such as:
- How to say no and not come across like a jerk.
- Why failing is probably the best thing you can do.
- What it’s like to be a serial entrepreneur.
- His philosophy on just asking…or you’ll never get what you want.
- Who his favorite podcast guest has been, so far.
- How honesty in your writing is the best thing for your reader.
- How the heck he’s written so many books (two was hard enough!).
- And so much more…we could have hours with him and not cover everything he could teach us.
So, get your questions ready, and grab some Gatorade (you’ll need the sustenance). Our author Q&As go at a fast and furious pace and you won’t want to miss a second.
Today’s Author Q&A with James Altucher
At noon ET (that’s 11:00 CT, 10:00 MT, and 9:00 PT for those of you who can’t do time zones), James Altucher will be here to answer any and all of your questions.
In order to participate, all you have to do is:
- Make sure you have a Livefyre account or be ready to sign in with one of your social networks.
- Set a reminder for noon ET today.
- Order one of James’s books. Choose Yourself is available for $0.99 on the Kindle so you’d be silly not to grab it.
- Create a list of questions.
- Come back here, scroll to the bottom, and write a comment in the form of a question. As soon as you hit “post comment,” James will see it and reply to you. You can even join the conversation around questions others are asking, if you like.
We’ll be here for an hour so you can join us the entire time or step in and out during the hour. It’s entirely up to you; just make sure you’re here before 12:59.
Win a Copy
Those of you who participate in today’s author Q&A with James Altucher (even if you’re late to the party, but not if you’re an Arment Dietrich employee) will be entered into a random draw for a free hard copy of the book.
Don’t forget—you have to actually leave a comment, ask a question, or participate in the chat to be entered in the draw. Otherwise we won’t know you were here.
Get ready with your questions and join the conversation. And don’t fear! If you missed the live portion of this, we’ll keep the drawing open until midnight PT so you still have time to get in your questions.
For former guests, check out Margie Clayman, Sarah Robinson, Mark Story, Beth Hayden, Sarah Evans, Stanford Smith, Chris Brogan, C.C. Chapman, Mitch Joel, Danny Brown, Chuck Hemann, Michael Brito, DJ Waldow, Tom Martin, Ahava Leibtag, Jay Baer, Shel Israel, Mark Schaefer, Gini Dietrich, Rob Biesenbach, Steve McKee, Neal Schaffer, Ed Zitron, Ann Handley,Tim Frick, Tom Martin, Paul Roetzer, Diana Kander, Jeremy Miller, Hessie Jones, Maddie Grant, Ryan Hanley, and Jim Mitchem.
- July 15: Fred Cook, CEO of GolinHarris and author of Improvise
- August 19: Robert Phillips, Trust Me, PR is Dead
- September 16: TBD
- October 21: TBD
- November 18: TBD
- December 16: TBD
Clearly we have some work to do to line up the guests for the rest of the year.
But save the dates…we’ll announce who we have soon!