Screen time has increased dramatically over the course of the coronavirus pandemic.
Some is out of necessity. Some is out of boredom. But no matter the cause, our customers are on their screens more than ever before.
Depending on your industry (and this is a big depends) and community, it might be a good time to take a look at how you can create a user-generated content game.
Some low-ask user-generated content tasks might be just what your customer needs to help them feel engaged and connected when they are very far away.
Let’s revisit user-generated content. Even if now isn’t the right time, you can save this article for later.
The Ultimate User-Generated Content Guide
There are a few things in life you can absolutely count on me for. One of them is an unapologetic use of adjectives.
So yes…it’s the ULTIMATE user-generated content guide.
I thought about calling in the “Ridiculously Awesome and Phenomenal User-Generated Content Guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” with all exclamation marks definitely included.
But then I thought, “You know what, Laura? Less is more. Reign it in a bit and let the guide do the talking for itself.”
I landed on a happy medium: “ultimate.” And painfully (very painfully) removed the exclamation marks.
I figured you all would know me well enough to just assume they are implied.
So please assume somewhere around seven implied exclamation marks.
Here is why this is the ULTIMATE user-generated content guide.
The fact is, we’ve written about user-generated content a lot.
But sometimes it’s hard to know what post to go to in order to get the info you need.
Or, where to go if you just need it all (which is what you’ll find in this post).
Heck, I work here and have written most of these post, and even I don’t really know half the time what info is in which.
So think of this as the index in the back of a great book on user-generated content.
Start HERE for Your User-Generated Content Campaign
OK, so you and your team decide you want to do a user-generated content campaign.
If you are a soloprenuer, you and your cat, dog, or imaginary friend decide (don’t lie, you know you talk business with your dog).
But….wait a minute. Yikes! Where do you start?
You start here, friends. You start here.
In this article you’ll:
- Learn how to set clear goals and objectives for your campaign.
- Be guided on how to align your campaign with your brand message and voice.
- Figure out what channel(s) you should host your campaign on.
- Learn what to look for in Google Analytics to make smart choices about your campaign.
- Understand how and why to anchor your campaign design around your goals and objectives.
- See some examples of great UGC campaigns in order to help you design your own.
- Learn how to test campaign ideas prior to launching a full-scale campaign.
- How to find micro-influencers.
- How to engage and nurture micro-influencers.
- What you need to know to choose the right hashtag.
Whew! OK, I think that’s it.
Optimize With the PESO Model
When many people think user-generated content, they think social media.
But Spin Sucks readers aren’t most people!
And while social media plays an important role in any user-generated content, it shouldn’t be the only part.
Enter the PESO Model!
This article teaches you how to optimize your user-generated content campaign with the PESO Model.
Which means it also teaches you how to be awesome.
And who doesn’t want to be awesome?
I guess people who don’t use the PESO Mmoodel, that’s who.
Optimize Your User-Generated Content Campaign with the PESO Model
In this article you’ll learn:
- The important role owned media plays in your campaign.
- What to include in a user-generated content campaign launch post.
- When to announce the launch of your UGC campaign.
- How to map out your UGC content campaign’s user journey.
- How to use shared, earned, and paid media to promote your campaign and build excitement.
- Why a PESO Model user-generated content campaign will improve influencer recruitment and relationships.
- How to use an integrated approach to influencer campaigns.
- A simple way to track and measure influencer ROI.
- What to include in the launch of a PESO Model influencer campaign.
- How to use influencers in a PESO Model campaign
- And boohoos of ideas on how to promote through all the media channels.
FTC Disclosure Rules
Speaking of influencers. Anytime you work with them you need to be aware of all FTC disclosure rules.
So here is a deep dive into the dos and don’ts.
I’ll keep this article updated to make sure you are always getting the most accurate info.
FTC Disclosure: The Latest Guidelines for Social Media Influencers
In this article you’ll learn:
- How to disclose.
- Who is responsible for following the FTC guidelines (spoiler alert: YOU).
- What you need to disclose when.
- What to do about built-in disclosures.
- And resources to ease your anxiety.
User-Generated Content Across the Generations
Here’s the question: do you need to adjust your user-generated content campaign depending on what generation you target?
Does age matter when it comes to UGC?
This is a question Paula Kiger and I attempted to address in this series of articles.
Four Examples of User-Generated Content with Generational Appeal
Find Paula’s article here .
Make Instagram Your User-Generated Content Muse
No doubt, Instagram lends itself to being an amazing place to host and promote UGC campaigns.
So these articles, while not all UGC-specific, will help you take you level-up your Instagram game.
Hosting and Promoting an Instagram Takeover in Seven Easy Steps
Go Forth and Let Your Users Generate Content
And have fun with it.
While the technical and strategic details are important, user generated content campaigns are also just a heck of a lot of fun.
And when you have fun, your customers have fun.